Unexpected Facts about Smartphones and How to Stay Safe Online Using Them
While searching for the last years’ statistics, we’ve learned some interesting information. For instance, according to eMarketer, more than 42% of Brazilian smartphone users would rather give up on water and electricity for a day than go somewhere without their mobile companions. That’s why we have a question for you: opening your eyes in the morning, what do you do first of all? More than 50% of smartphone users grab their devices, and you probably rank among.
Mobile technologies entrenched in our life so unexpectedly and fast that we almost overlooked this fact. Way back, nobody could even imagine this small device would become such a significant thing for us. That’s why now, when your smartphone literally contains any and all of your private data, it’s time to talk about your online safety and privacy while using it. Let’s have a look at how to keep your data secure and why its preservation is so important.
Smartphone using facts: just statistics or the reason to ponder?
Nowadays, overuse of smart devices is a norm. Alas, it also enhances the chance for malefactors to have you under fire. Let’s affirm this with the following facts:
- According to the 2014 Association Email Marketing Benchmark Report, mobile continues to dominate at email usage. 44,7% of users prefer smartphones for reading their emails, while desktops are chosen by only 32%.
- The Communications Market Report, published on the 16th of December, 2016, shows that smartphones take the cake from consumers among the devices to spend time online. For example, 4 in 10 mobile phone users in the UK browse shopping websites and apps with their portable devices.
- The US users spend 87 hours per month browsing online with smartphones and 34 hours per month – with computers.
- More than a third of UK mobile phone users check their bank balance from their devices and 14% of them do this at least once a week.
- As reported by the Statista, the worldwide number of mobile app downloads is increasing exponentially. In 2017, this number is about 197 billions and in 2016 it was 149,3 billions. A hundred to one that it will grow even more.
- Facebook is the most popular app in the US. 75,7% of American smartphone users prefer Facebook the most of all apps (Facebook Messenger is on the third place).
Perhaps, the takeaways from these facts is not that obvious. But ask yourself: “How many photos, private messages, and other information do I share via Facebook and Facebook Messenger? How can I be sure those and my emails can’t be read by anyone else?”
You may be unaware of taking your mobile phone in hand, but the moment you do this, time starts slipping through your fingers. Comparison of smartphone addiction to a drug one is the mot juste. Taking into account that the aforementioned statistics are known to malefactors as well, your smartphone might be in their crosshairs. Which, in our opinion, is enough to start worrying about privacy.
Safety is a priority
All of these statistics lead to the conclusion that with the increase of smartphone use, probability for you to get cleaned out will rise as well. Just imagine how many possibilities are opened for cybercriminals now.
We care about our readers, that’s why we have an ideal solution for your security – VPN Unlimited. We offer you personal protection and the safety of your data. It doesn’t matter which messages you send or which WiFi you use, our VPN protocols encrypt your data and even if anyone tries to steal it, they won’t be able to decipher it. Our top secure 128-bit and 256-bit encryption standards provide a perfect balance between safety and internet speed.
Don’t waste your time – because malefactors surely won’t. Download VPN Unlimited and you won’t lose your money or private data on the internet.