How Does KeepSolid VPN Unlimited Protect Your Private Data?4 min read
UPD from 26.06.2018: The below deal is no longer active. But there will be new ones ahead! Follow us on Twitter or Facebook, where we keep our subscribers informed of all the special offers we have, and much more.
Data Privacy Day is coming and in honor of this we’d like to remind you about our special offer. Get Lifetime subscription to VPN Unlimited and receive 5 additional device slots for absolutely FREE. Hurry up, as this deal is valid only until January 28th, 2018.
So, do you know anything about Data Privacy Day? It is celebrated annually since 2006 and its primary goal is to raise the awareness of the importance of online-data protection. Since 9 in 10 adults are afraid of being hacked on social networks (according to University of Phoenix report), this topic becomes especially important in regard to your personal accounts on Facebook, Twitter, etc. That’s why Data Privacy Day extensively promotes measures for personal information control and security tools, like virtual private network services.
The Council of Europe established this day for global celebration on January 28th, 2006. And it was exactly the date when the Council opened for signing the Convention for the Protection of Individuals with regard to Automatic Processing of Personal Data, №108 in 1981. In the run-up to Data Privacy Day, let’s learn more about online threats and ways to avoid them.
Facts and fears about online security
If you wonder why you need to care about the privacy of your data, we have 3 fast facts about online security and cyber crimes.
- According to Statista, 59% of internet users in the United States are concerned about cyber crimes such as having your money or personal information stolen online (you can find the report here).
- As University of Phoenix states, about 66% of the U.S. adults have been hacked on social media.
- And still, 56% of the 18-29 age group have shared passwords to online accounts with friends or family, as Statista findings reveal.
There are lots of healthy tips on how to protect your data, like changing passwords or deleting old messages. However, half of the time people just forget to use them. That’s why the most reliable way is using a permanently operating trusted VPN software, such as KeepSolid VPN Unlimited.
KeepSolid VPN Unlimited way of your data protection
You don’t have to fight with third parties and malefactors on your own. We created our VPN app to make your online life secure. You may ask: How does KeepSolid VPN Unlimited protect my personal data? Here are the answers:
- By using AES-128 and AES-256 encryption protocols (check out this page for the information about encryption). Used even by the U.S. Government, these two encoding technologies are known to be ones of the most secure. A VPN app, applying those technologies, encrypts your internet traffic, and if anyone manages to intercept it, the only thing they will see is a set of senseless symbols. Making a barrier between your data and an external world, KeepSolid VPN Unlimited doesn’t allow hackers to receive your passwords, private photos, credit card data, etc.
- By providing a choice of VPN protocols. It is a method of connecting to a VPN server, depending on which we use an appropriate encryption. Making the best combinations of protocol and AES on your platform, KeepSolid VPN Unlimited provides you with the highest degree of security and performance. OpenVPN® can serve as a great example of our VPN protocol. Its advantage is in using a wide range of encryption algorithms and going through the strongest firewalls.
The second example is IKEv2 protocol. It provides you with the highest performance and speed. In addition, KeepSolid Wise technology makes your fake IP address look innocent and non-VPN. And since your traffic won’t look like you have something to hide, it won’t be that attractive for cyber criminals. Wish to learn more on the topic? Follow this link to the VPN protocols page.
- By implementing Kill Switch feature, a mechanism ensuring reliability and enhanced online security. To illustrate, imagine that you are disconnected from a VPN server for some reason. As a result, you will continue browsing without any protection. Dropped connection with the VPN server could jeopardize your data. But not with Kill Switch enabled! It helps the situation and emergently turns off your internet connection until the VPN connection is back. It prevents security holes and makes data leakage impossible.
KeepSolid VPN Unlimited team cares about your data privacy and fights against cyber criminals shoulder to shoulder with you. Happy Data Privacy Day, and be sure to check out our secure VPN. FREE 7-day trial is available, try it out right away!
“OpenVPN” is a registered trademark of OpenVPN Inc.