How Does VPN Unlimited Protect Your Private Data?
Data Privacy Day is coming and in honor of this we’d like to remind you about our special offer. Get Lifetime subscription to VPN Unlimited and receive 5 additional device slots for absolutely FREE. Hurry up, as this deal is valid only until January 28th, 2018.
So, do you know anything about Data Privacy Day? It is celebrated annually since 2006 and its primary goal is to raise the awareness of the importance of online-data protection. Since 9 in 10 adults are afraid of being hacked on social networks, this topic becomes especially important in regard to your personal accounts on Facebook, Twitter, etc. That’s why Data Privacy Day extensively promotes measures for personal information control and security tools, like virtual private network services.
The Council of Europe established this day for global celebration on January 28th, 2006. And it was exactly the date when the Council opened for signing the Convention for the Protection of Individuals with regard to Automatic Processing of Personal Data, №108 in 1981. In the run-up to Data Privacy Day, let’s learn more about online threats and ways to avoid them.
Facts and fears
If you wonder why you need to care about the privacy of your data, we have 3 fast facts about online security and cyber crimes.
- According to Statista, 59% of internet users in the United States are concerned about cyber crimes such as having your money or personal information stolen online.
- As University of Phoenix states, about 66% of the U.S. adults have been hacked on social media.
- And still, 56% of the 18-29 age group have shared passwords to online accounts with friends or family.
There are lots of healthy tips on how to protect your data, like changing passwords or deleting old messages. However, half of the time people just forget to use them. That’s why the most reliable way is using a permanently operating protection tool such as VPN Unlimited.
VPN Unlimited way of protecting
You don’t have to fight with third parties and malefactors on your own. We created our VPN application to make your online life secure. The main question of this section is: How does VPN Unlimited protect your personal data? Here are the answers:
- AES-128 and AES-256 encryption protocols. These two encoding technologies are known to be one of the most secure, as even the U.S. Government uses it. For instance, if anyone tries to hack your Facebook account, the only thing they will see is a set of senseless symbols. Making a barrier between your data and an external world, VPN Unlimited doesn’t allow hackers to receive your passwords, private photos, credit card data, etc.
- VPN protocols. It is a method of connecting to a VPN server, depending on which we use an appropriate encryption. Making the best combinations of protocol and AES on your platform, VPN Unlimited provides you with the highest degree of security and performance. OpenVPN can serve as a great example of our VPN protocol. Its advantage is in using a wide range of encryption algorithms and going through the strongest firewalls.
The second example is IKEv2 protocol and it provides you with the highest performance and speed. In addition, KeepSolid Wise technology makes your fake IP address look innocent and non-VPN. And since your traffic won’t look like you have something to hide, it won’t be that attractive for cyber criminals.
- Kill Switch. It is a mechanism responsible for reliability. Just an example, it happens that our VPN server may lag for some reason. As a result, you will continue browsing without any protection. Dropped connection with the VPN server could jeopardize your data. But not with Kill Switch enabled! It helps the situation and emergently turns off your internet connection until the VPN connection is back. It prevents security holes and makes data leakage impossible.
VPN Unlimited team cares about your data privacy and fights against cyber criminals shoulder to shoulder with you. Happy Data Privacy Day and don’t forget about our holiday special offer!