How to use VPN Unlimited
with your Amazon Fire TV Stick and Amazon Fire TV
In spite of the fact that neither Amazon Fire TV Stick, nor Amazon Fire TV does not have built-in VPN clients, you can still enjoy all the advantages of the VPN service while watching your favorite videos. For this purpose, you need to connect your device to a VPN-enabled router.
Follow these easy steps to set up VPN Unlimited for your Amazon Fire TV Stick or Amazon Fire TV:
1. Set up a VPN connection for your router.
If you need help, please use these a step-by-step tutorials:
- OpenVPN configurations for Tomato-flashed routers
- OpenVPN configurations for Mikrotik-flashed routers
- OpenVPN configurations for DD-WRT-flashed routers
- PPTP configurations for DD-WRT-flashed routers
- OpenVPN configurations for Open-WRT-flashed routers
Note: The VPN server location has to correspond to the regional Amazon content you want to access.
2. Set up an Amazon account.
Log in to your account on www.amazon.com.
Then, go to Your Account -> Manage Your Content and Devices -> Settings -> Country Settings.
Click Change, and set your location depending on the content you want to access.
Click Update to save the changes.
3. Connect your Amazon Fire TV Stick or Amazon Fire TV to your router.
On your Amazon Fire TV go to Settings -> System -> Network -> Choose your VPN-enabled router -> Connect
Note: If you use Amazon Fire TV Stick, this step might be slightly different depending on the model of your Smart TV.
That’s it! Your streaming device is connected to the VPN-enabled router. Now you can enjoy your favorite videos. Give it a try right away!