This guide covers OpenVPN configuration for Windows computers.
1. Go to your User Office at my.keepsolid.com and navigate to the ‘Account’ tab. At the ‘OpenVPN configurations for your device’ section, press ‘Download the .ovpn files’.
This option is considered equivalent to 1 active device, therefore occupies 1 slot. Give a name to a new “device” and the download process will start.
Save the archive with the configuration files to your device and extract them.
2. Download the OpenVPN app from the official website.
3. Install the app following the standard installation steps.
Note: On the following screen, you should leave the default checkmarks, without making any changes.
After the successful installation, you will find the app icon in the system tray.
4. This step may be different, depending on the OpenVPN app version you have installed.
For the version 2.4.2:
Right-click the icon and select Import file…
Choose the configuration file corresponding to the appropriate server.
You can import as many files as you wish to be able to switch between VPN servers.
For the version 2.3.16:
Paste the appropriate configuration files to the “config” folder of the OpenVPN app
5. When you are done, right-click the icon again, select the desired server, and click Connect.
That’s it! Now you are connected to the VPN server via the OpenVPN protocol.