This tutorial introduces you a step-by-step guide on how to use the KeepSolid VPN Unlimited® app on your macOS. In this tutorial our team answers all your questions. How to setup VPN on Mac? How to connect to VPN with your MacBook? Check it out!
We shall start off with the main screen of our virtual private network for Mac. Here you can either switch the VPN on or off, just press the Start / Stop button. Also, you can view the map displaying both your real and virtual IP locations.
To view the detailed information about your real and virtual IP addresses on your MacBook, click on the blue and green boxes correspondingly. The information will show up on the Detailed IP info screen and will include actual IP address, country, and city.
Connecting to a VPN server for the first time, you will be requested to allow adding VPN configurations and downloading a VPN profile. You will see our information screen describing the process. Just click Connect and set the checkbox for Do not show this message again to skip it in the future.
First, you need to allow the creation of VPN configurations in your system. Click Allow to proceed.
After that, the KeepSolid VPN Unlimited® configuration will be added to the list of your network connections.
Next, you need to allow access to your KeyChain for neagent or NEIKEv2Provider (the name of the service depends on your macOS version). Enter your macOS account password and select Always Allow, so that this notification will never appear again (unless you change the password or reinstall the app).
Note: Neagent/NEIKEv2Provider is a service responsible for establishing secure VPN connections. It requests access to the KeyChain in order to receive authorization data required for the VPN connection to be established.
Thebutton of the main screen of our virtual private network for Mac leads to Notifications, where you can check out our latest beneficial deals and discounts.
At the bottom you can view the server which you are connected to. To choose another one, press on it and you’ll get to the Servers screen of our VPN for MacBook.
The Servers screen of our virtual private network for MacBook consists of 3 tabs:
To find the desired server you can either scroll down the servers list or type the required location in the Search field.
In front of the streaming servers you can also see icon. It opens the website of the relevant streaming service in your browser.
In the top left of the Servers screen of our VPN for MacBook there is a Ping Test button. The test estimates how long it takes for your device to transmit information to our VPN servers. With the ping test results, you can make a more informed choice of a VPN server. The lower ping value, the better your connection speed will be.
Note: The ping test cannot be started while VPN connection is activated, as its results will be misleading. You need to disconnect from a VPN server to run the test.
KeepSolid VPN Unlimited® for Mac has servers specially designed for P2P download. You can find the list of such torrent-friendly servers below:
Connect to any of them and enjoy safe and anonymous torrents download!
To access the app Menu, press the button in the top left corner of the main screen of our VPN for MacBook.
The Menu consists of 4 tabs. The first one is My account where you have the following options:
1) Your KeepSolid ID information: The email address of your account and the remaining period of your subscription.
If you want to log out, just click on button.
2) Purchases: Here you can choose the most suitable subscription from the available options. They include VPN subscription plans, as well as Extras:
Extra services provide an opportunity to bring your online experience to a totally new level. Check out their benefits here.
You can also get to the Purchases tab via the main screen of our VPN for MacBook, in just one tap. To use the shortcut, tap on the button above the map.
3) Restore Purchase: You have purchased a subscription but cannot see it after the app reinstall or after an upgrade to a new phone? Use the Restore Purchase button to regain access to the in-app purchase you have made.
4) Change Password: Just enter your current password, then type a new password, confirm it and tap Change Password.
5) Password Protection: Get an additional layer of security for your identity and enter your password on each launch of the KeepSolid VPN Unlimited® app.
6) We recommend: Here you can find our top security and productivity solutions. Be sure to check them out!
My account is followed by Settings tab, where you are provided the following options:
1) Protocols: Either manually choose a protocol to connect to our VPN servers or enable the Optimal option. When the Optimal feature is on, the system automatically picks the most suitable protocol for your current connection conditions.
2) Kill Switch: Turn it on to instantly block internet access in case of a sudden VPN connection drop and avoid leaks of any private info.
3) DNS Firewall: This feature performs web filtering and protects you from malware. Thus, your security on the web enhances. You can find more information about DNS Firewall on this page.
4) Trusted Networks: The feature allows you to whitelist WiFi networks that you consider completely secure. In your trusted networks VPN connection will be disabled automatically. You can find more information about the feature here.
5) VPN debug information: When enabled, it records your connection logs, so that we can solve your issue faster. Just enable this option, connect to any VPN server on Mac, click Support (on the Support tab), and your logs will be sent to our technical support team.
Note: This option works with the OpenVPN and KeepSolid Wise protocols only.
6) Run on Startup: Keep it ON in order to launch KeepSolid VPN Unlimited® at the system startup.
7) Remove Profile: Remove VPN profile from your device. Note that you need an installed profile to run the application.
8) Reinstall Profile: Remove and install your profile over again.
The next, Information tab opens up the following opportunities:
1) Rate Us: Write a review about our app on the Mac App Store.
2) Leave a feedback: Tell us what you think about the app. We greatly appreciate your comments and suggestions!
3) About VPN Unlimited®: Tap on it and see the pop-up message with information about the app version, the list of our team members, and the link to the app website.
If you need any assistance with the app or want to manage the connection feedbacks feature, check out the last, Support tab:
1) FAQ: View the answers for the most frequently asked questions.
2) Customer Support: Need help or have suggestions? Complete a support ticket and we will respond as soon as possible.
3) Connection Feedbacks: When this option is enabled, we’ll ask you to rate the quality of your VPN connection each time you disconnect from a server. This will help us make the app even better for you.
That’s it for today! We hope that our manual about how to use VPN on Mac was helpful for you.Have any questions, comments, or suggestions regarding our service? Please contact our customer support team at [email protected].