Download KeepSolid VPN Unlimited right now and become invisible on the web!
This tutorial introduces you a step-by-step guide on how to use the KeepSolid VPN Unlimited® app on your Windows PC. In this manual, our team will answer all your questions. How to use VPN on Windows PC? How to setup VPN client on your Windows computer? What can VPN do on Windows PC? Check it out!
We shall start off with the main screen our VPN for Windows PC. Here you can switch the VPN on or off by clicking on the Start/Stop button.
Also, you can see the map displaying both your real and virtual IP addresses. To view the detailed information about your real and virtual IP locations, click on the blue and green boxes correspondingly.
The information will show up on the Detailed IP info screen.
The icon of the main screen leads to the Notifications tab of VPN Unlimited® for Windows PC. Here you can check our latest deals and discounts.
Clicking on the bottom button you get to the Servers screen of our VPN Windows PC. It consists of 4 tabs:
1) Favorites: It is your personal list of preferred VPN server locations for Windows PC. To add a server to your Favorites, just click on the star icon next to the desired location name.
2) All servers: Here you can find the full list of VPN server locations for Windows PC.
3) Torrent: This list includes VPN servers for safe torrenting on your Windows.
4) Streaming: The list contains VPN servers specially designed for streaming purposes.
To find the desired server you can either scroll down the servers list or type the required location in the Search field.
On any of the server tabs you can see the workload of each server and its torrent-friendliness. A server workload is reflected by the indicators , , the green one denoting the less loaded options.
In front of the streaming servers you can also see icon. It opens the website of the relevant streaming service in your browser.
In the top left of the Servers screen there is a Ping Test button. The test estimates how long it takes for your device to transmit information to our VPN servers. With the ping test results, you can make a more informed choice of a VPN server. The lower ping value, the better your connection speed will be.
To access the app Menu of our VPN for Windows PC, click on in the top left corner of the main screen.
The Menu screen includes 4 tabs. The first one is My account where you can find the following options:
1) Your KeepSolid ID information: the email address of your account and the remaining period of your subscription.
If you want to log out of your account, just click on icon.
2) Purchases: Here you can view all available purchase options. They include VPN subscription plans, as well as Extras:
Extra services is an opportunity to bring your online experience to a totally new level. Check out our additional offers for advanced VPN protection here.
You can also get to the Purchases tab of our VPN for Windows PC via the main screen, in just one click. To use the shortcut click on the banner above the map:
3) Change Password: Just type the new password, confirm it and click Change Password.
4) Password Protection: Get an additional layer of security using a password to sign in to the KeepSolid VPN Unlimited® app for Windows PC.
5) Redeem a code: Enter the code and click Redeem to activate it.
6) We recommend: Here you can also check our best security and productivity solutions.
My account is followed by Settings tab, where you are provided the following options:
1) Protocols: Here you can either manually choose a protocol to connect to our VPN servers or leave the Optimal option. In case the Optimal feature is enabled, the system will pick the most suitable protocol for your current connection conditions.
2) Stop DNS Leak: Turn it on to make all DNS requests go through VPN DNS servers only.
3) DNS Firewall: this feature performs web filtering and protects you from malware. You can find more information about DNS Firewall on this page.
4) Kill Switch: The feature automatically disconnects you from the internet if your connection to a VPN server was interrupted. This way, you can stay sure that none of your private data is leaked if VPN connection is suddenly disabled.
5) Trusted Networks: The feature allows you to whitelist WiFi networks that you consider completely secure. VPN connection will be automatically disabled in your trusted networks. You can find more information about Whitelisting Trusted Networks in KeepSolid VPN Unlimited® here.
5) VPN debug information: When enabled, it records your connection logs, so that we can solve your issue faster. Just enable this option, connect to any VPN server, click Support (on the Support tab), and your logs will be sent to our technical support team.
6) Run on startup: Keep it ON in order to launch KeepSolid VPN Unlimited® for Windows PC at the system startup.
The next tab, Information, includes the following options:
1) Leave a feedback: Tell us what you think about the app! We greatly appreciate your comments and suggestions!
2) About KeepSolid VPN Unlimited®: Click on it and see the pop-up message that contains information about the app version for Windows PC, the link to the app website, and the list of our team members.
3) Check for update: View a pop-up message informing you whether you are up-to-date or suggesting to download the most recent version of KeepSolid VPN Unlimited®.
The heading of the last, Support, tab speaks for itself. The tab includes 2 options to assist you with the app:
1) FAQ: View the answers for the most frequently asked questions.
2) Customer Support: Need help or have suggestions? Complete a support ticket and we will respond as soon as possible.
3) Connection Feedbacks: If you enable this option, our app will ask you to rate the quality of your VPN connection each time you disconnect from a server. Thanks to this option, we will make the app even better for you.
On both the Servers or Menu screens, you can always view your connection status in the top left corner.
That’s it for today! Hope that we’ve answered all your questions about how to use VPN on Windows PC. Have any questions, comments, or suggestions regarding our service? Feel free to contact our customer support team at [email protected].
Our reliable Windows VPN client is at your disposal to provide you with complete data security and online freedom.