How to use VPN Unlimited
on your Roku streaming devices
Roku streaming devices do not have built-in VPN clients. However, you can still enjoy all the advantages of the VPN service while watching your favorite video. For this purpose, you need to connect your Roku to a VPN-enabled router.
Now, follow these easy steps to enjoy a secure streaming solution in any country you want:
1. Set up a VPN connection to your router.
If you need help, please use these a step-by-step tutorials:
- OpenVPN configurations for Tomato-flashed routers
- OpenVPN configurations for Mikrotik-flashed routers
- OpenVPN configurations for DD-WRT-flashed routers
- PPTP configurations for DD-WRT-flashed routers
- OpenVPN configurations for Open-WRT-flashed routers
2. Set up a Roku account. If you already have a Roku account, please skip this step.
Go to owner.roku.com, follow the registration steps, and select your desired country. Then, enter a zip code of the chosen country (the US zip code must contain 5 digits, for example) and finish the registration process.
Note that the VPN server location has to correspond to your desired country.
If you want your Roku to stream US content, configure it with a US Roku account before you connect it to your router.
3. Perform a factory reset of your Roku device.
To do so, just press and hold the Reset button on the back of your Roku device for 15 seconds, or go to your Roku’s Menu -> Home -> Press Up -> Settings -> Factory Reset -> Yes.
Well done! Your Roku device is now reset to factory settings.
4. Connect your Roku to your router.
To connect your Roku device to a router, please follow these steps:
- Start up your Roku device
- In your Roku’s menu, go to Settings -> Network -> Wireless (WiFi) -> select your VPN-enabled router -> enter a password -> Connect
- Log in with your Roku account
Now your Roku is connected to the VPN-enabled router. Give it a try right away!