Due to the OpenVPN protocol strong features, ease of use, and extensive support, this protocol became one of the most popular VPN software solutions.
This guide provides you with step-by-step instructions on how to set up and configure the OpenVPN protocol on GLiNet router.
First you need to generate VPN configurations in your KeepSolid User Office and then configure your OpenVPN client on the GLiNet router. Please follow a few simple steps outlined in the tutorial about how to manually create VPN configurations and then follow instructions that are described below.
Important! Please note that you will need to configure your device using the generated settings by yourself at your own risk.
1. Open the GLiNet Admin Panel. For this, connect your device to the GLiNet router by using wired or wireless connection. Find the IP-address on the bottom side of the router, type it in your browser address bar, and log in.
2. Select VPN and click OpenVPN Client.
3. Click Add a New OpenVPN Configuration.
4. Select a file with manual configurations or drag it into the Add a New OpenVPN Configuration window. You’ve downloaded this file from your KeepSolid User Office earlier.
5. Fill in the Description field with the custom name of the new configuration, for example OpenVPN, and click Submit.
To establish a secure OpenVPN connection on the GLiNet router, select appropriate configuration from the drop-down menu in front of Current OpenVPN configuration.
Well done! You’ve successfully set up OpenVPN connection on your GLiNet router. In case you have any questions or comments related to our security solution, don’t hesitate to contact our customer support via [email protected].